Saturday, May 11, 2019
Six on Saturday
Capturing the highs of my week in a different way.
1. Today there are monarch butterflies flitting around all over Camarillo! As we drove along they were swooping and flying past the car from the south. Must be migration time.
2. All home maintenance doesn't go away just because you live in a 55+ HOA community so we started washing screens and the outside of our windows. We are just doing a couple at a time as they are really dirty from the dust that blows off the fields nearby. There are services that will come do it for a fee but we still can so why not!
3. In the not buying it category - I thought we needed a new doormat outside our front door but when I picked it up it was in good shape but certainly full of dust/dirt (see above). I got out a scrub brush and the hose and it will be good for a while longer. I'm going to wash the front walk too as it is covered and doesn't get washed by the rain and the tiles collect dirt.
4. In the buying it category - We picked up a Spanish Lavender bush to replace a flowering bush that had gotten too large for the pot it is in on the patio. A monarch landed on one while we were selecting ours.
5. I made a point of going to the Farmer's Market this morning and was glad I did. A beautiful day to be outside, live music and some good Spring mix, arugula, chard, tomatoes, strawberries and, for something I haven't bought there before, a loaf of fresh rye bread.
6. I had a lovely time Thursday at the last lunch meeting of my service club before summer break. We gave three $1500 scholarships to three accomplished young women graduating from local high schools. So enjoyable to see how happy they were and how proud their parents' were of their achievement.