1) We got ourselves laughing when taking a walk with the dog when I said that sometimes living in this large 55+ community reminds me of the Jim Carey movie "The Truman Show". We are both very ready to break back out into the "real" world of diverse age groups and a more urban environment.
2) The dog had her monthly vet visit for her shot to treat her Addison's disease AND her every other month doggy spa day - bath, massage, haircut, blow dry, nails trimmed and a blueberry facial. She always walks out so very relaxed and who wouldn't! She is oblivious to the flower on her head but I take it off as soon as we get home.
3) I made a batch of banana almond muffins. I don't think I mentioned that I had made banana walnut muffins to take to Berkeley to have for breakfast. The first morning we were there we found out their dog had managed to reach the bag they were in and ate all nine muffins for her breakfast! Time to have some muffins of our own I think although we had managed to eat 3 of the prior batch.
4) I've been reading a lot of my usual mysteries, a book of poetry, a book on "radical suburbs" and skimming the cookbook "Skinny Taste". I received "Becoming" by Michelle Obama for mother's day so want to get started on that too.
5) Lunch Thursday with some women friends which was very fun as usual. I'm grateful for having made some good friends here. I'm looking forward to attending a musical performance tomorrow - "Songs of Broadway" - and to having our local son and DIL to join us for live theater and dinner in late June.
6) I finished deep cleaning the den near the living room and we washed the screens and outside of the window in that room. So we have 3 of 9 large windows and their screens done. No need to rush LOL.