Thanks to Leslie for setting this up. Check her list out at her lovely blog and see how everyone is doing by scrolling to the bottom of the post to click on their links.
This post is going live on Easter Sunday and Passover was just celebrated. Then there is my younger son's 36th birthday today too! I now have 36 and 48 year old sons. How did that happen LOL. They are terrific as are their wives - I am so fortunate.
It is Spring in coastal S. California which means we have the heat on some days and the air conditioning others and sometimes both in one day! I was pretty realistic when putting together this list so I've checked off some although with some modifications so let's take a look.
Plan a Spring trip to N California to include a night or 2 in Napa to check it out as a possible new hometown
- YES! We are leaving May 2nd for a long weekend and will check out the Pleasant Hill area instead of Napa, go to the zoo or to see horses with our son and granddaughter and generally get some good family time.
Have friends over for drinks and nibbles
- This turned into going out with friends instead, but I've done that at at least four times so far.
Have family over for brunch
- This turned into going over to both of Hubby's aunt's homes for meals. Both are 91 and one cooked us dinner! Today we are going to an Easter egg decorating party at our older son's which will be lots of fun. Tomorrow we are bring dinner to Hubby's 92 year old great-aunt so we will have hit the aunt trifecta this month LOL.
Yet to happen:
Visit Gardens of the World in Thousand Oaks to enjoy Spring greenery and flowers
Make a picture frame with Hubby so we can hang his Dad's painting
Go to the Farmer's Market several times and buy different things
- A new vegetable and/or fruit
- A different prepared food
- Flowers to make an arrangement
- A gift
- Something to wear