1. $99.99 spent at Trader Joe's and left wondering why I let our food supplies get so low!
2. Pouring rain when I got up so much so that even the dog would only venture out under the overhang to pee.
3. Laundry plus closet and wardrobe reorganization and clean out as part of beta test of a program being developed for 16 Style Types which led me to downsize my clothing once again and make better use of what storage space we have including the formerly empty bathroom vanity.
|The collage put together for the beta test Facebook group|
5. More rain which is so rare here but a good excuse to go shopping or catch up at home but first get the lab tests done from my physical with a new doctor.
6. Wow, the day feels long when your dog keeps you up for 3 hours during the night because she is sick and then you remember what it was like to parent young children and still go to work but I avoided taking - dog is fine now!
7. Finally got to see some of my Somis Thursday Club friends and go out to lunch and for 2 1/2 hours I laughed more than I have in a very long time.
8. We spent the evening in Pasadena having dinner with our son and DIL and going to the Spring Art walk where we saw some amazing local talent in paintings (the one I wanted was $4500 - did not buy!).
I've designated this next week the "Get it Done" week -
9. After sleeping over and our dog being ecstatically happy to see DIL in the morning, we took them out to breakfast, headed home and spent most of the rest of the day sorting and getting rid of paperwork.
10. A day of sorting through paperwork and other stuff that had accumulated in the house like Amazon returns so now all set for the coming week.
11. Actually found 2 clothing items to buy for Spring - a scarf and linen top and ordered 2 pairs of sandals and one pair of flats to try.
12. Spent the day addressing lots of piles of things which were mostly put away and a long to do list some of which got continued to tomorrow.
|Flat surfaces attracting piles of things!|
14. A day off mostly from chores since I went to my monthly women's club lunch meeting which let me get a bit more dressed up with my new top and scarf although that is a tank peaking out at the bottom as it was windy and a bit chilly.
16. The third day of windier than usual and the pine needles are coming down a fair amount but I was out early getting groceries, then we went to the DMV armed with documents to get approved for the Real ID drivers licenses and out for pizza and beer at a local brewery as a reward.
Coming up is Self Care week for me!
17. Part of self care is spending time with friends and doing things you enjoy which is why I spent the afternoon with a few friends at a cabaret performance. (Also walked 2.5 miles in the morning!)
18. Flexibility focus with a stretch DVD and then a mammogram and a bone density test finish off my physical for the year.
19. Dropped Hubby at the train station as he heads off to Dallas to check off his bucket list item of spending a day at the Kennedy assassination museum and then continued the taking care of my health part of self care with dermatologist and dentist appointments.
20. Today's self care was more fun as I got a haircut.
21. Ahhhh, a massage which I have decided to do monthly for 6 months and see what the results are and then picked Hubby up at the train station.
22. A fun day shopping in Santa Barbara with friends who also want to refresh their Spring/Summer wardrobes.
23. Catch up day with tax payment, car washing, laundry, etc. before I start project and yoga week.
Project and Yoga Week to Wrap up the Month
24. Well, my project of the day was to get as far through module 11 of 12 for the beta test program that I have committed to doing so not much else happened except a walk.
25. Such exciting projects we have going on including getting bids for extra attic insulation and duct sealing - contractor #1 today - and then we washed the car and put on the new tag.
26. A tough night and morning as the dog has been not well, but we got into see the vet and she is really doing very well now which is a relief and made the rest of the day go better although little was accomplished except stretching and going out for a cup of coffee.
27. Woke up determined to enjoy the day by reading and going out to lunch with Hubby - and I did plus I made chicken soup!
28. Feeling lazy but at least Hubby booked contractor to fix insulation in attic.
29. Laundry, yoga for 1 1/2 hours, finished research project for women's club and went to the library.
30. Made low fat pumpkin muffins and chili for dinner.
31. Ended the month with dinner in Santa Monica with old friends from grad school.
Hope March was full of lovely and interesting days for you.