It started out being that kind of week but I plowed forward with this as my motto.
1. The mixer was purchased because after Hubby said we would bring a small chocolate cake to his aunt's house Sunday evening as our contribution for dinner I mentioned that we hadn't yet found a decent bakery in town. I decided to make one using a recipe from The Smitten Kitchen Every Day cookbook, bought the ingredients and a square plate to put it on and only then read the instructions. Both the cake and frosting called for a mixer if possible (although of course cakes were made for centuries without electric appliances LOL) so I decided to replace the one that died right before our move. It worked but not loving the beaters for this purpose so need to see if there are others that can be purchased.
In the process of making the cake I learned
- that Trader Joe's carries small cartons of shelf stable cream,
- you can freeze leftover whole cream (I had to acquire an ice cube tray first - did that on Monday thanks to CVS),
- you can use a vegetable peeler to shave semisweet chocolate to put on top to make it fancy, and
- I need to buy a metal square cake pan if I am going to continue to do this as it took too long to bake in my glass one!
But here it is in all it's chocolate, butter and cream glory.
In the end only 3 small pieces were eaten, half the remainder was left with aunt and uncle and we brought the rest home! Should of just bought 4 cupcakes somewhere LOL.
We all had a lovely and loving time though which is what matters.
2. Saturday I went to yoga despite having been up in the middle of the night for 2 hours with problems sleeping. I did meet a woman there who lives in my community and is one of the people who can certify you to use the gym and encouraged me to call her to do so! BTW, yoga did help but the afternoon nap on the couch helped more.
4. I found a dime in a parking lot and yes I did pick it up.
5. In my never ending quest for finding new favorite places to eat and go nearby, I learned that there is a trendy food court and craft venue in a refurbished warehouse not too far away. Field trip!
Post a Comment