I looked at the calendar and there was nothing scheduled for the week except yoga. I decided to embrace it!
1. Poor little dog got another bee sting after the vet was closed for the weekend. We gave her a small dose of Benedryl and put baking soda paste on it and the swelling went down.
2. Sunday was a gorgeous day so we headed to the coast late in the afternoon to walk along the beach boardwalk and out on the pier. Then we stayed for a drink and dinner. Love looking at the ocean.
3. Finished a delightful book - The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald.
4. We have been invited to Sunday dinner by Hubby's aunt and uncle. He said we would bring a small chocolate cake. I decided to make a cake and frosting from a recipe in Smitten Kitchen Every Day: Triumphant and Unfussy New Favorites which produces an 8"x8" cake. Perfect for 4 people. I've cooked 2 things from this cookbook so far and both were great so will be tried out. So the question is, what to do with the leftover heavy cream and buttermilk?
5. While I'm on the topic of books here are the ones waiting for me in piles in my office. There are two other partially read ones around the house. My older son made the dolphin sculpture in shop class in high school 30+ years ago.
If you love to read, The Modern Mrs. Darcy frequently has interesting lists of books I have never encountered elsewhere.