Working on my 2018 ABCs (Adventure, Beauty & Comfort) led to this -
A week of exercise and socializing more than usual. Glad that our calendar is starting to fill up!
1. We took Hubby's 88 year old aunt and 91 year old uncle out for lunch. I always enjoy their company. It was lovely but a bit sad how grateful they were that we came to see them. We must do it frequently. They are not geographically close to their son and his family so we are trying to step it up now that we live here again.
2. I had ordered 8 warm weather tops to get free shipping with the hopes that 1 or 2 would be keepers. I was right and feel I look good in this one although it obviously wasn't so warm when I took this picture. I confirmed that it was a keeper with my Facebook style group - an international group of women who are so helpful and kind. I've met a few in person and they were so nice.
3. We went to see "The Post" on Sunday afternoon and it was very engrossing despite already knowing the ending. I see why the actors didn't win at the Golden Globes though as it was more of an ensemble performance movie despite having 2 top stars in the leading roles. Then we went to our local brewery for beer and pizza and the last quarter of the Saints-Vikings playoff game. What an exciting ending!
4. Hubby saw that there were going to be 6 to 8 foot waves so we headed to the beach to watch the surfers. He no longer surfs but the pull is strong! A walk along the boardwalk followed by gourmet tacos on the Ventura pier. Retirement life in S. Cal is so hard lol.
5. Had lunch with a friend from way back in my working life who I haven't seen in years and we scheduled lunch with some other old friends from grad school.