3 days of partial day's work by the handyman crew.
- They successfully uncovered the window that had been drywalled over and started patching the wall around it. Window is in excellent shape surprisingly.
- Filled holes in firewall in garage. Noted that we also need to replace the pull down attic stairs as they do not currently offer firewall protection and are installed backwards. A new item on list for the future sigh.
Handyman company schedules workers to arrive at 9am. Forget to call and tell you that they have been rescheduled to 1pm. You miss a meeting really wanted to go to. Call and say they will be there at 2pm. Show up at 2:15.
They do excellent work. So now:
- The uncovered window is framed with nicely textured and sealed drywall.
- The garage door has an automatic closer as required and opens without kicking it.
- The guest room closet doors actually move smoothly with a new track in place.
- The French doors between living room and study will close without kicking them.
- The front door has new weatherstripping but the back door does not until they can figure out what to do.
- The non-working bath fan has been removed and the size of the opening changed. I think some wiring changes were made too.
- Determined that the recirculating pump under the other bath sink was programmed wrong and when that was corrected that it overheats quickly. Now unplugged.
Today's plan (we'll see if it happens):
- Show up at some yet to be determined time. This time I will call and find out.
- Install bath fan.
- Bring company owner by to figure out how to fix weather seal on back door.
And then, my chores:
- Clean house thoroughly before son and DIL arrive to visit on Friday afternoon. Lots of drywall sanding dust coating everything.
Just reminded me how ready I am for home repairs/improvements related to moving to be over with! We still have a water system to install as well as finding shutters for the "uncovered" window and getting that room repainted. Then we will take a break on all of this before fixing those attic stairs in the garage and remodeling the guest bath.
Someday I'll have to look up and remember why February only has 28 days - except for leap years of course. I have big hopes for this sho...
MOVEMENT Forward with a look back to find wellness destinations I'm joining my friend Leslie who blogs at Once Upon a Time and Happily E...
We are now at the “best laid plans of mice and men often go awry” stage of living here and can’t blame it totally on the pandemic. When we ...
Over the past two years I have become rather stuck in a rut due to the pandemic restrictions, foot surgeries, a seriously ill and then dying...