Since the computer is being packed up today (Day 28) and the truck tomorrow, here is what the final few days before we begin our cross country move have and will look like.
Sale of current house:
- Leak in bath sink fixed.
- Final cleaning of house and yard clean up.
- Final walk through by buyers on April 13.
Packing & downsizing:
- Threw out a lot of hangers as they are too bulky to move.
- Packed final boxes and suitcases.
- Truck loaded on April 12th with final bits the next day and morning of April 14th.
- The 1-800-GotJunk truck arrives April 13th to take the mattresses and other items that we aren't taking with us.
For the dog:
- Vet visit April 11th for her monthly shot.
- April 12th grooming appointment to have her gone during truck loading.
- I downloaded some books to read in the evenings on the road, packed some healthy snacks and took some deep breaths.
On April 14th we drop the dog off at 9am at her foster family for a morning play date/dog sit. Then we go to the house closing as in Georgia you actually show up at the attorney's office and meet face to face. We will pick up something for lunch, pick up dog, pick up the loaded truck and head to Tupelo, MS on the first leg of our trip. See you on the other side of the country after further stops in Van Buren,AR, Amarillo, TX, Gallup, NM and Needles,CA!
Someday I'll have to look up and remember why February only has 28 days - except for leap years of course. I have big hopes for this sho...
MOVEMENT Forward with a look back to find wellness destinations I'm joining my friend Leslie who blogs at Once Upon a Time and Happily E...
We are now at the “best laid plans of mice and men often go awry” stage of living here and can’t blame it totally on the pandemic. When we ...
Over the past two years I have become rather stuck in a rut due to the pandemic restrictions, foot surgeries, a seriously ill and then dying...