Give me your ideas please! What to eat once the kitchen is packed up? Breakfasts are especially hard for me to imagine beyond a carton of yogurt. I do have paper plates, plastic cups and plastic utensils available plus the frig.
One thing I highly recommend if you are moving to an area that will require a change of health care providers is to schedule appointments with all your main providers before you move! Find out how to transfer your medical records, what to ask to find the best next provider and get prescriptions with refills for any medications. You don't want to be scrambling for routine health care right after your move. That being said, I had the last of my appointments this week. I did have to cancel an annual Opthamology appointment due to the traffic nightmare created by the freeway bridge collapse here in Atlanta but that will not be so hard to replace and isn't urgent.
Happy I accomplished these things this past week:
Sale of current house:
- Cleaned inside cupboards, etc. in prep for final walk through.
- Scheduled haulers for April 13 for items that need to be junked (e.g. old mattresses, etc.).
- Received new microwave and installed it.
- The third item in the house broke and the plumber will be here on Monday morning to fix a leak in the bathroom sink.
- Our cousin is picking up our mail at the new house so we won't have any past due bills for electricity, etc. by the time we get there.
- Scheduled cable installation and plumbing repairs.
- "Popcorn" ceilings have been removed and the ceilings painted. Photos look good.
Cross country move:
- Hubby changed our health insurance to CA and found out how to change his address in payroll.
- Booked hotels and laid out route for drive across country April 14 - 19.
- Had the car in for a check up prior to driving across the country.
Packing & downsizing:
- The older car went to its new owners who are friends and our dog's foster family.
- Finally figured out way to pack a large oil painting and large framed print.
- Packed 11 boxes total. Just the last minute stuff left.
- Good bye dinner with closest book club & neighborhood friends & lunch with best friend.
What I am looking forward to this coming week:
- Mostly this being over with and getting on to the cross country drive! Going to face that day by day and not focus on how far it is LOL.