I knew there would be weeks like this. We are another week closer to listing our house for sale and little progress was made. I did go out to lunch with a friend, got a haircut, went to Pilates and had a nice relaxing week.
We removed more items from the house.
- Curbside "recycling" of an old coffee table from family room - 3 hours and it was gone
- 2 houseplants gone and not to be replaced
- Packed and ready to go are 4 antique quilts that are never used. I'm saving the one I loved as a little girl for use by my granddaughter who arrives in November. It will be special at our house for her as long as their dog still chews things up!
We made decisions.
- Final decisions made for bath remodel products. Now to get bids from 2 - 3 contractors, order products, and pick a paint color.
- Reviewed and made decisions about painting bid for exterior work and interior ceiling work
- I decided to leave all outside work to September as it is just too hot
and humid right now for me. So I will start dismantling the flower bed
that requires too much maintenance when it cools down a bit.
We started getting ready to do more painting ourselves
- Another feature wall washed down so it can be painted next week - this time in the living room.
Goals for Week 32 are simple
- contact painters to accept modified painting bid
- paint the living room feature wall