I am going to make the challenge for this month be to stretch my mind, body and money! I know that there are only 30 days in December but I'm challenging myself from November 30th through January 3rd to get in those 5 weeks and hopefully set some new habits.
- Read one non-fiction book a week so I can learn something. I'm in the middle of a history of the British Women's Institute right now and it is interesting. I also have a travel book we bought duirng a museum visit last week and need to get going on it.
- Go to a free Christmas chamber music concert.
- Cook something new to take to my book club Christmas party. I'm thinking a great hor dourves dish or perhaps cranberry almond biscotti to use up ingredients in my pantry. Or even both?
- Use my stretching DVD at least 4 times a week and do not pay for stretch classes. I started November 30th!
- Walk the dog every day. (0.75 miles)
- Take one urban hike each week. I have mapped two routes. One is 2.5 miles. The other is 4.25 miles.
- Pilates session each week. If my trainer is off for vacation be sure to schedule with someone else.
- See how long we can go without eating out! We had a great time including eating out a fair bit during our Thanksgiving week staycation and family visit. I am usually the one who suggests we go out so I am the one who needs to do better at planning to eat at home.
- Do not buy any books. I have started a list of ones to request inter-library loan.
- Order Christmas gifts from kids lists and have shipped directly to them or send checks.
- Stick to no clothes shopping. My one exception is a pair of sweatpants if I find ones I really like.
- Order debit cards for each of us.
- Check husband's SS statement.
- Get free credit reports and read carefully.
What are your goals for the month?