Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Working my "To Do" list - slowly

I am slowly working through the items on my To Do list that I really resist doing. No, they don't take a long time and aren't really that hard. But, just like cleaning the house, I really don't want to do them!

This morning I worked on transferring contact lists to a gmail account set up for our Friends of the Library group communications. Once I get it up and running successfully I can transition the Membership chairperson responsibilities to the person who has raised his hand to take it on. I am determined to leave this organization in better shape than I found it and carefully transition everything I have been doing to others before I exit and move.

On a more fun note, we have been checking off the planning and scheduling elements of our next trip to Los Angeles to visit family. We had out Friday and will be spending time with our kids, cousins, FIL, nieces and nephews. Lots of driving but also lots of visiting with loved ones. So important and we are feeling the miles more each year.

Hope you are making progress with your dreams and tasks this summer!

7 comments:

  1. Be aware I-10 is closed just across CA border From AZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is terrible. We are flying though as we live in Atlanta.

      Delete
  2. Your travel plans sound good! I am currently in the process of "transitioning" a 2-year commitment as a volunteer treasurer, to the next person. I have got my records in order and I have been reviewing tasks with them each week in the hopes of untangling by September! I really want to leave everything in good shape, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see someone else is planning ahead on volunteer transitioning! The rest of the board thinks I am starting too early but I have multiple roles including book sale planning, membership and President.

      Delete
  3. Well, I'm a firm believer in the old adage saying you should not bite off more than you can chew. So I have one volunteer job -- tutoring at our community college -- and that's enough for me. As for to-do lists ... mine are getting shorter and shorter b/c I firmly believe that I'm getting too old to be wasting my time on this or that meaningless task. That being said, we're planning on moving sometime in the next year or two; and I know that going to be a job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just finished our move. It is crazy to move across country at our ages, but we did it!
    Our new neighbors think I am crazy. I put together a block pot luck. LOL. I need to at least have eyes on who I plan to live around for the next 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that you can shorten your long links with AdFocus and get money for every visitor to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete

Thriving Thursday Week 11

Happiness, Comfort & Health Woohoo! I walked over 10,000 steps outdoors one day (4.1 miles for this short person) for the first time sin...