I am following Mette's example and keeping track of the clothing and other personal items I buy each month in hopes of creating a 5 year shopping calendar like she has. So in addition to my vacation (a different post!) what I bought this month was the following.
1. Makeup - I haven't worn makeup for a couple of decades except for tinted moisturizer. I decided to buy a couple of items and try them though and am happy I did. All told I spent $131.28 on these items plus makeup remover. Just think of all the money I have saved over the years by not wearing makeup LOL!
- It Cosmetics Ybbb Your Brows but Better Brow Powder Skinny Pencil - I bought one at Ulta and then was told they were almost half price on QVC so I bought 2 more. I'm stocked up!
- Christian Dior Abricot Creme - Fortifying Cream For Nail - 10g/0.3oz
- Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Treatment Concealer, Fair/L...
2. Walking sandals - I went to REI and bought a pair of ECCO sandals so I could walk on vacation comfortably. They were great and I wore them part or all of each day. A great purchase and happily a near skin color in my color palette so they went with everything. I used our REI member rebate from last year's purchases to reduce the list price of $130 plus tax to $113.60 and I'll get a rebate on some of what I did spend.
3. A Kindle book - I broke my no more buying books rule because my book club is reading The Nightingale and the waiting list at the library was huge. It is now on my Kindle but won't be added to my shopping calendar.
August shopping will include:
- Exercise/physical therapy gear (lacrosse ball and foam roller)
- Sock for waterproof walking shoes
- Another summer dress