Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

I'm declaring it walking week!

My attempt to PUSH myself to exercise more failed on my beach weekend with friends. The day we were to go kayaking I woke up with an unforgiving headache and nausea. So I stayed home and shut my eyes and took medicine. The next morning I was fine but then we drove home so no exercise this past weekend.

My intent is to take a long, exercise focused walk each day this week and I got off to a good start this morning. The dog got her short walk and came home and then I went out again without her.

The weather has here has turned towards Fall with a bit of cooling making walking outside an option again. If we have a rainy day I have a walking exercise dvd to use.

I am going to continue with following my PUSH goals. Here is what I did do in week 1 despite the kayaking fail:

Push myself physically
- Strength: Heavy yard work 2 1/2 hours; sorting/moving donated books 4 hours 
- Aerobic: Walked dog 6 times
- Weight: Lost the 3 pounds I put on over vacation; 10 to go

Push myself mentally
- Nothing I can think of!
 
Push to engage deeply in a hobby/activity
- Signed up for a Craftsy sewing with knits class

Push to be more outgoing
- Phone calls with brother and a cousin
- Lunch with a friend
- Beach weekend with 6 friends - I kept thinking of reasons not to do this, but pushed myself to go ahead and go on this trip.
- RSVP sent for a large party - the kind I find hard to attend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...