Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

52 Projects Sunday


I'm still trying to catch up on the 52 projects challenge over at Living a slow and simple life given that I started at the beginning of week 13.

This week I finished the first version of a custom skirt pattern. I used to sew a lot when I fit retail patterns without alterations but now I am taking on the challenge of making my own pattern using the instructions and basic pattern in

and next I will make a "muslin" to see if the dimensions are correct. I have two lovely summery batik fabrics I received for Christmas and I need to get going if I am going to have skirts to wear this summer.
Keeping the sewing theme going I also mended a tear in a mattress pad and some in a set of pillowcases. I'm now at 6 completed projects.

1 comment:

  1. Apologies for missing this post Juhli, I will go back and add it to the right week. You are storming along with your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...