Monday, November 18, 2013
Taking advantage of discounts for things you buy anyway
I just ordered a CVS gift card through Gift Card Granny that is resold at a discount of 11.5%. I used PayPal to pay for it and hope this all works out. If it does then I'm going to do a lot more of this.
Other discounts I take advantage of in addition to grocery and clothing sales and coupons are:
- 5% off purchase total on Wednesdays at both Kroger and Publix just for being over 60
- 10% off purchases if you use their debit card in addition to buy x get one free for both drinks and coffee beans at my favorite coffee house
- senior prices at the movies for hubby and me at one place and only me at the other since their age limit is higher
- occasional $10 off $50 gift cards of various kinds at the grocery store with a coupon and minimum purchase
- buy x get 1 free deals on dog food and dog grooming
- 15% to 20% off deals for haircuts with pre-payment
- discount on auto insurance for completing on line safe driving course (good for 3 years)
- $50 debit card reward for completing on line preventive health modules through health insurance
- discounted gym membership through health insurance
- CVS points card to earn coupons
- free Kindle books through Amazon
- discount on dog's dental treats by having regular shipments from Amazon
We do earn frequent flyer miles when we buy plane tickets but that is not a regular source of savings.
I'd love to find more as our savings are earning nothing and perhaps are even losing money due to inflation.
Do you use any other discount deals you have found that I could explore?