I've spent quite a bit of time this weekend reconsidering a volunteer commitment I just started. I can't quite bring myself to spend the time required to prepare for a meeting about it on Wednesday but I care about the cause. I think I'm going to have to back out gracefully.
That has led me to wondering how do I have to and want to spend my time now that I have officially stopped working at my consulting business.
The "have to" list is pretty easy: (Please note that my Hubby still works full time and does a lot too but I'm picking up more than I did when I worked full time)
- Laundry, grocery shopping, dinner preparation, house cleaning
- Part of the pruning, raking, weeding, etc. required to maintain our too large property
- Dog care
- Manage finances including paying bills
- Most of the travel planning as needed
The "want to" list is harder:
- I volunteer one day a week with additional time required periodically
- I read - a lot
- I want to exercise more and join a gym - this requires a schedule LOL
I don't know what else I want to do.
I'm thinking though that blocking out time for activities is the way to go - perhaps 2 hour blocks during the day on weekdays.
I am very curious how others handle this - please start a conversation.