Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Wow, the world is a different color than I've been seeing

So far the most surprising thing about having one cataract removed (the second will be in a month) is that everything is a different color than I thought it was. The painting I am working on is much more vibrant in color than I was aiming for. Here is an example of how things look with and without cataracts. Because of my glasses the world wasn't blurry with them on but the color difference was there I have now learned. This will take some getting used to!




The best thing so far though is having no pain at all after having surgery. I'm sure when the second eye if done I will find other things that are great but so far this is my experience the day after the first surgery.

4 comments:

  1. Quite a difference ... glad all went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to seeing how the world looks when the other eye is clear as well.

      Delete
  2. That is good news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. This morning though I realized I now see all the spots and wrinkles on my face LOL. Soft focus sure made me look younger to myself at least. Of course I see everyone else more clearly too so eventually I'll get used to it.

      Delete

A crow shouting match & a charming book - Thriving week 20

I borrowed this book from the library and it was surprisingly charming. Inspired during the worst of the pandemic by the need to have someth...