Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

If its Monday it must be cataract surgery day

I never look forward to surgery but I do look forward to the result. As I sit here with no coffee and no food with surgery not until 12:30 I am trying to stay focused on getting one eye fixed so I can see better. I'm trying not to focus on what happens to fix it LOL. The other eye isn't operated on until June 10th and I get new glasses after that has healed for a month. In the meantime lots of eye drops - but, hey, I'm getting good at getting them into my eye and not dripping down my face.

Everyone I've talked to who has had this surgery is delighted with having done it. That is a good thought as I wait around.

Hope your day goes well!

Post Surgery Update: It went well and now I am trying to figure out how to get by with one eye fixed and one not. I've increased the font size on my Kindle and that is working. My glasses don't work for the fixed eye so I may get some reading glasses to use for the next month. It was weird being awake for a surgery but my eye was so dilated that I only saw lights thank goodness.

6 comments:

  1. It will be great to have this all done with - I'm sure you'll be happy with the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm already appreciating the clearer vision in one eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked in ophthalmology for over 10 years. I was constantly amazed by the results of cataract surgery. All will go well and you will be seeing so much better very soon. My dad just found out he has to have corrective surgery for the muscles around his eyes...basically a browlift. I always knew if anyone were to have plastic surgery in our family, it would be him. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already amazed by the difference with just one eye done! Good luck to your dad on his surgery.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to hearing all went well Juhli! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Self and Home Care - Thriving Week 17

Healthy self care is a challenge when I am stressed, lonely or bored and the sugar, salt, alcohol goodies call to me. I am trying very hard ...