Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Getting ready for travel

I am excited to be able to pack my new kindle for my upcoming trip to visit my Mom, but realized it is one more thing to make sure I have fully charged before packing. And I need to learn how to switch it to airplane mode as I remember reading about that feature.

I am determined to make my suitcase lightweight enough to be able to carry it on even if I can't find a kind stranger to help me lift it. With my frozen shoulder healing nicely I don't want to aggravate it, but I don't want to pay to check a bag either or get stuck overnight without clothing as happened once.

I am running though my mental travel prep list:
- charge phone & Kindle and pack cords (not taking camera so don't need to charge those batteries this time)
- check weather.com and decide on minimal capsule wardrobe to pack including coat for destination
- pack medication/vitamins, toiletries and, if needed, hairdryer
- plan to wear heaviest shoes
- plan lunch and snacks to pack
- put cash, MARTA card and reservation info in wallet
- pack maps/directions if needed - not this time as my brother is providing transportation to and from airport at the other end

That is all I can think of as I am the only one traveling so the dog doesn't need boarding and nothing has to be done to prepare the house for our absences.

What else do you do to prepare for a trip?



2 comments:

  1. Put all cosmetics in a see through pouch. Pack in front pocket.
    A pair of socks in each corner of the suitcase.
    I bring an empty water bottle and fill it just after security.
    Wear your flip flops through security and then change into your heavy shoes once you are clear and at the gate.
    Enjoy the trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, the plastic bag. I like the socks in the corner idea!

      Delete

Making a home inventory - why do we own so much!?

I’m in the midst of updating our home inventory for insurance purposes and hoping we never need it and wanting to just get rid of tons more ...