Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

All the dog food was recalled? I guess that is for the good.

While out grocery shopping this morning I stopped by our local pet store to pick up a bag of Innova dog food for the poodle princess. There was not a single bag in the store. Turns out there had been a massive recall due to salmonella contamination. Since my dog is fine with the bag of food she has almost finished, I was curious about the risk. Turns out it is a potential risk to humans that caused the recall.  I also learned that Innova was sold to Procter and Gamble so it is now made by a food conglomerate.

We only purchased Innova because that was what she was eating when we adopted her and I don't like to mess with success where tummies/digestive issues are concerned. Today I ended up buying a small bag of another recommended brand, Nutri Source, to try to see if she does well on it. Turns out this is a family owned business that likes to do business with family owned pet stores like our neighborhood store. They also have shifted to compostable bags and seem to do other good things. Looks like we will be switching brands if all goes well with Lola's tummy.

1 comment:

  1. I guess that is for the good. While out grocery shopping this morning I stopped by our local pet store to pick up a bag of Innova dog food. flexpetz

    ReplyDelete

A crow shouting match & a charming book - Thriving week 20

I borrowed this book from the library and it was surprisingly charming. Inspired during the worst of the pandemic by the need to have someth...