Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Shopping success, muffins and thunderstorms

This morning I headed out hoping that I would find some comfortable dressy shoes for my son's upcoming wedding and I did! $35 at TJMaxx for a perfect and very nice pair. I also found a pair of flats to wear now and a summer tote/purse. Still need spring/summer clothes, but I'm checking off my list and not spending a fortune doing it. And I'm happy with these purchases.

Came home and played with the poodle princess after having leftovers for lunch. Made banana cranberry walnut muffins as the bananas were turning and with the one frozen previously I had enough.

The ornamental magnolia, forsythia and some azaleas in our yard are blooming. It is the usual early spring weather here. Quite cold (for us) days followed by a balmy one with thunderstorms expected later. I actually missed thunderstorms after I left the Midwest to head off to college and adult life on the west coast. I've enjoyed having them again since we moved to Atlanta. Its funny the things you miss after you move away from a place. I'm in my lounging clothes and ready to watch it happen.

Time for a coffee break and reading on my new Kindle. I figured out how to borrow and ebook from the library so I have one to read for free.

How's your afternoon going?

1 comment:

  1. I work at a public library and we spend a lot of time helping people set up their e-book readers and connecting them to the library e-book service!

    ReplyDelete

A crow shouting match & a charming book - Thriving week 20

I borrowed this book from the library and it was surprisingly charming. Inspired during the worst of the pandemic by the need to have someth...