Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Here's the two dresses I ordered & a potential wild card - what do you think?

UPDATE: I found this dress on Nordstrom's website and the bride likes it best. I'm hesitating because of the zipper down the back and I don't think I want a sheath. May order it and try it on - Coral lace sheath

Hubby and I both like the first one most. I'd add a very sparkly wrap, silver shoes and some dressy earrings. Our son is wearing a black suit and hubby probably a charcoal grey one. The bridesmaids are in short "khaki" neutrals with orange heels. The bride in a gorgeous white dress. Here are the brides inspiration pictures. 




Our son is wearing a black suit and hubby probably a charcoal grey one. The bridesmaids are in short "khaki" neutrals with orange heels. The bride in a gorgeous white dress. Here are the brides colors
 
and inspiration pictures.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks! Let's hope the first one listed fits and looks good on as my future DIL likes it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juhli, I was in the same boat this time last year. Of course, I ended up wearing a vintage find but I was impressed with Dillard's online selection in both their wedding shop and cocktail dresses (they currently have a great lace dress selection). And please check out this link: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/modern-bride/wedding-guest/shutter-pleat-dress-with-lace-details/prod.jump?ppId=1dd6ebe&catId=cat100210008&deptId=dept20000013&N=100260280&extDim=true&topDim=Categories&topDimvalue=evening+%26+cocktail+dress&dimCombo=Categories%7C&dimComboVal=evening+%26+cocktail+dress%7C&currentDim=Categories&currentDimVal=evening+%26+cocktail+dress

    An aunt of our groom wore this dress last year (the material was a little different) and it was stunning. So elegant and figure flattering.

    I remember how disheartening it was to look for a dress...it was either matronly maven or the sluts are us look---very little in between. But I am sure you find the perfect dress! Such an exciting time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That us a pretty dress and I saw it at Penney's a few days ago. I prefer something looser so we'll see how the one I ordered that the bride also likes works out. Cross your fingers!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. #1 seems to be the consensus based on pictures - hope it looks good on! Then I could move on to other shopping LOL.

      Delete

Time zooms on - my baby is 41🎂

My younger son turned 41 yesterday and while it is not as shocking to me as having a 53 year old older son it still feels like time has spee...