Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Project 333 - Fall Wardrobe

I started Project 333 on September 30th and am happily living with my 33 piece capsule wardrobe. Given how many months we have of hot weather vs. fall, winter or spring, mine is a 2 month project for fall and spring, 3 months for winter and summer will be 5 months. But the same idea applies. A wardrobe of 33 items not counting exercise, at home lounge, or sleep wear or underwear.

I never have had a large number of clothes but I like color and variety so it tended to be a jumble when I looked in the closet each morning. This capsule is working out quite well and I didn't have to buy a thing. In fact I have already donated quite a few things that just didn't deserve space in my closet. There will be more out the door as I create wardrobes for the other three seasons and there will be lots of shopping for the summer one as it spans 5 months and sometimes two outfits a day if I am outside. Got to love Hotlanta!

What do I have for our two lovely fall months (October and November)? 5 pairs of pants, 5 long sleeve shirts, 3 mid length sleeve shirt, 5 short sleeve shirts, 5 sweaters/vest, 2 pairs of shoes, a scarf, 4 pieces jewelry, 2 coats, a purse, and gloves. Turns out in addition to my basic colors of black, gray and denim, I had quite a few orange tops from blaze orange to melon. All mix and match.

I did have to swap a few things out as the weather cooled - heavy black cardigan, black slacks and a third pair of jeans were put instead of short sleeve black cardigan, black capris and denim capris. I also grabbed a suit jacket from the winter clothes for a business trip. That's it though.
I've already got the next capsule wardrobe pretty much figured out and a lot of these pieces will transition to the winter version. I'll post it when I switch on December 1st.

Have you tried anything like this with your clothes?

6 comments:

  1. Your capsule looks picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - its been interesting to challenge myself to not pull anything else out to wear.

      Delete
  2. I love your color scheme! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by and for the compliment.

      Delete
  3. I love the way you've done this and also love your wardrobe! I have done it the hard and complicated way by taking a photo of each item and then trying to put them together! I will know next time what to do.

    You have also achieved your 33 including jewellery and a scarf - well done! I cheated and only included shoes and bags in my 33 as I have too much jewellery and too many scarves to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I'm not a very patient person so taking individual pictures seemed like a lot of work to me!

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 11

Happiness, Comfort & Health Woohoo! I walked over 10,000 steps outdoors one day (4.1 miles for this short person) for the first time sin...