Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

It was a lovely start to September

Thanks to many people yesterday kicked off September and my 63rd year wonderfully. 

The weather was great and the approximately 500 people who bought books to help raise funds for our library were so nice. Some also gave donations! All the volunteers showed up and did a lot of work cheerfully. We made around $5000 - final accounting will get a firmer number.

I came home to birthday phone calls from my sons and their sweeties as well as a message from my brother.  I called him back because who can resist when the message starts with "I want you to notice that I am calling you FIRST THING on your birthday instead of a week late!". He was proud of himself LOL. I also talked to my Mom of course and thanked her for my being in the world at all. Add in the Facebook and email wishes as well as the lovely comments by blog readers and I felt well celebrated.

A shower to get the grit off from the outdoor book sale and we headed out to dinner at a nearby tapas bar.


We ate outside on the balcony. The balcony wraps around old brick buildings on a corner and serves at least four restaurants. They all plant flowers in boxes along the railing. We hadn't been to this restaurant in a while and they had changed their menu which made it even better. Our meal was delicious and my free birthday dessert was too.

A lovely day indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Great success at the book sale! :) Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a wonderful birthday and successful sale.

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...