Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What is your favorite 4th of July fireworks memory?

When I was a child we always went to Memorial Stadium at the University of Illinois for the 4th of July fireworks display and it is my favorite fireworks memory.  Getting to stay up late and go somewhere we never got to go otherwise was part of it.  Hearing my Mom reminisce about roller skating down the ramps as a child was another.  And then there were the fireworks that looked like these at least in my memory.  At the end of the display they would ask everyone in the stadium to light a match and hold it - beautiful!

Have a happy and safe 4th!

2 comments:

  1. I'm from Washington DC, I have been blessed to see the best fireworks in the world from a park and from int he water. I joke that from now on I dont need to see any more.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love the DC fireworks. Still my favorite was actually in Hong Kong. My children did sack races in diplomatic pouches and we ate hot dogs watching a US ship roll into port. The fireworks were grand----but being an US citizen was amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Focusing on ease of maintenance - Thriving Week 16

CURRENT MINIMALISM MINDSET  After one year in this house I’m not stopping decluttering or reorganizing as appropriate but every time I clean...