Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm not going to complain, but ...

What is it with all the deals being offered by our utility companies?  First a lower your rate without a "you broke your contract" fee offer from the gas company.  Then, for the first time in the 15 years we have lived here, the power company is offering time of day usage rates.  Yes please.  Their little calculator said I would save $78 a year, but it will probably be less since I mostly ran things during those times anyway.  I don't know if this is how it works elsewhere, but what they are doing is taking our rate of $0.13 per kwh and making it $0.20 for prime time (2pm to 7pm weekdays) and $0.05 the rest of the time.

Then the grocery store I use for most purchases once again has a coupon offer for $10 off a $50 gasoline card for every $50 you spend on groceries.  Again, yes please.  I like 25% returns on my money.  They have done this before and I thought it was due to them using the very high gasoline prices to get people to come to their store.  Now with gasoline prices down I think it may relate more to Aldis opening several stores in our metro area (none near me however).  Again, offered as a customer lure.

Not complaining, just wondering.


3 comments:

  1. We live semi rural. We are now charged $25 a pole per month. Before my bill starts we pay $50. We pay three different rates - from 10-20 cents- during the day. We have learned to do wash in the night. I wash and hang in the am. We try not to use any energy from 5-7 pm. Good thing our kids are grown and we eat on our time being retired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our grocery was doing the gas deal as well until they closed this week, bought out by big overpriced grocery in our area :( I will give our power company a call to see if they have any deals, never thought of it, thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can bet that if an offer is made to you it is because the company offering it is panicking and yes the new Aldi stores opening near to you would create that panic.
    So take advantage of it when you can I would...

    ReplyDelete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...