Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Boost Your Energy Challenge - I've packed my walking shoes

We are heading off to sunny southern California for a long New Year's weekend with family.  The plane flight, eating differently, and sitting with older family members really drain me of energy. 

Not this time - she says determinedly!  I'm not going to take a vacation from exercising and other activities that keep my energy level high.  I've packed my walking shoes, a list of stretching exercises, my yoga strap, and some healthy fig snack bars.  I'm going to be sure I drink lots of water too.

Additional plans for the first stop include books to read, some planned activities that will get us out of the house, and stopping to buy fruit to take to our first hosts so we can be have some too.  The second stop will include younger family and their dog so that will be an easier situation in terms of healthy, energy boosting activities.

What do you do when you travel to keep your energy level up?

4 comments:

  1. Have a great trip to Southern California! I hope the weather cooperates with your walking plans.

    I don't have any great tips for keeping energy up aside from drinking lots of water to stay hydrated,

    Happy New Year!

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've stumbled upon your blog, and I just wanted to say how much I love your 12 Happiness Commandments!!

    I keep my energy up by always having my running shoes with me. I would definitely be taking some early morning, sunrise beach runs in CA! Also, drinking lots of water of course.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really travel, so don't have any advice, but wanted to wish you a Happy New Year!! :) Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! And I did do quite a bit of walking. The weather was absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thriving Thursday Week 12 - Spring is here and so are bugs

Welcome to Spring!  It was a nice sunny and warm week so we took a scenic drive exploring parts of Berkeley near the campus and the hills be...