Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

How is decluttering the shelves going?

This is definately going to be a two week project. So far I have completed three bookshelves - 2 in the guest room and 1 in the study.  I decided to move all reference books into the study and then arrange the other books we decided to keep in the guest room.  I added objects that make it more decorative, hung a picture next to the study bookshelf and it all looks better.  We donated  42 books, 3 office supply items, and 4 toys.

Below are before and after pictures of the two bookshelves in the guest room and the one in the study.  I like them better now and am glad to be rid of that much stuff!  Next week will be about tweaking the rest of the shelves in the house - mostly cleaning with a bit or rearranging and hopefully a bit of decluttering.

Guest Room Before
Guest Room After

Study Before

Study After

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I am so far behind on cleaning between school and quilting that I need an organizational day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on your decluttering mission! Thanks so much for your comment today at my new blog. It's great to have some support on my new journey!

    ReplyDelete

Mid month check in

I am making progress on what matters for the month. Focus 1 - Being a supportive local grandparent is a priority for me as is enjoying the t...