Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Getting rid of toxic products


For the first time in the 14 years that I have lived in this house, I learned that there will be a half day toxic waste disposal site available tomorrow morning.  There have been other options available for recycling batteries, electronics, and florescent bulbs but none for toxic cleaning, yard, or building materials.

I have gone through our shed and basement and came up with the following to turn in: a rusting can of turpentine, can of oil based paint, duct sealing mastic and several products related to laying tile.  Not much as we tend to use up these type of things whenever possible.  I still plan on taking them to the event and feel good that they will be disposed of properly.
-

2 comments:

  1. I need to get rid of mine, my town had a day for this but I forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to remember and they come around so rarely in some places. Once I found the site it was very well organized and went smoothly. Good to know it will be disposed of properly.

    ReplyDelete

The toddler eats rocks and other moments - Thriving Week 18

So what is that about the baby (oops -she is a toddler now) eating rocks? We decided Sunday morning to invite the family over for Sunday din...