Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Art & Travel Prep - Thriving week 41

These were my two top favorites in the art show we went to on Saturday at the city recreation center. The hen and chicks is actually a mosaic made from pieces of old dishes. The amount of detail and the color/pattern combinations were amazing in person. The piece below is acrylic and mixed media and kind of glowed in person.

I’ve mapped out my travel with lots of rest stops and have my fingers crossed the drive won’t feel like I bit of more than I can chew. ☺️ I’ve already broken the drive home with a night stopover and if I get too tired on the way there I will find a hotel for a night too. Trying to get back into my very confident traveler mode as I lost it during the pandemic years.

The main thing is that I can leave quite early and avoid the worst of rush hour heading south. The driving challenge later becomes the unremittingly boring road and landscape while the last part is very busy traffic with lots of trucks and heavy traffic over Tejon pass and on into the greater Los Angeles area. Younger me would have no concerns lol.


11 comments:

  1. Oh, I've been the same way since the pandemic. I'm sending good thoughts that it is all so much fun you won't even notice the drive. We just came back from a 8+ hour drive on the East Coast...and we decided to stay at a hotel to make the drive in two days both ways. Not sure that was the best.... it felt like we had spend too many days driving. Next time I think we'll do at least in one direction in one day. Sending good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pieces of art! I love the chicken especially. A lot of work goes into mosaics like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chicken art! I am trying to regain some of my driving and vacation confidence with short trips close to home. But I would love to "join the world at large" and make a stab at a real vacation where I actually travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we in travel confidence recovery together!

      Delete
  4. I too love the chicken mosaic! And it is a great reminder that I have a pieced and quilted table runner that just needs to be bound; I will be packing it to take to my upcoming quilt retreat. It will make a great gift for someone special I will be seeing later in November.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both pieces of art are very special. I have become quite a fan of collage and mosaic. I like the colors, patterns and textures in the chick mosaic. I think it takes a special eye to be able to look at broken pieces of dishes then envision and create a piece of art from them. One of my favorite local artists is mosaicist.
    Good luck on your road trip. I think the pre-Covid confidence will return when you get on the way, turn on a book or favorite song on the radio and feel the 'rubber on the road'.

    ReplyDelete

Art & Travel Prep - Thriving week 41

These were my two top favorites in the art show we went to on Saturday at the city recreation center. The hen and chicks is actually a mosai...