Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

I can do it!


I am trying to tackle things that are a physical stretch for me and/or new because Hubby has always done them or they weren’t needed in prior houses. 

First is the garage cleaning and rearranging project. The part of the garage in the photo is now clean and looking pretty good.

I managed out to use a combo of a telescoping handled brush covered with a rag and the vacuum to somewhat clean the exposed garage ceiling in that area. Decades of dust not all of which is gone but it is better. 

I also bought a 36” plastic garage shelf unit on sale to increase our vertical storage and mostly assembled it. There is still some room on a shelf but I have stopped for the day as I’m not sure what I want to put there.

9 comments:

  1. Organizing garage space is always satisfying because they usually start out messy and dusty so you can really tell the before and after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Ours is really a storage and laundry room as the door is closed off.

      Delete
  2. Your organization of the garage is coming along nicely. Good for you on doing things for yourself.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m realizing it is ever so important as a couple ages for each to try to learn to do the things the other has done. My widow friends have learned that the hard way.

      Delete
  3. Truer words never spoken - I so wished I had gotten Hubby to show me things he knew about home upkeep. So, now all of my learning is on the job, and I guess its working out OK. House still standing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard and I have a dear friend going through it now. We are starting to try to teach each other but I’ll never have the muscle or experience Hubby has and he won’t have the financial details fixed on his head like I do.

      Delete
  4. Looks great! There you go again, inspiring me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have at least 3 more sessions in the garage to get done what I can! I would get rid of lots of inexpensive things kept for just in case home repair but all I can do is try to organize them in a way that make maintenance and finding what you want easier.

      Delete
  5. If you still have some room on your shelves, I have a few things you could store there. :) Your garage looks spic and span and well organized. I clean ours and try to organize and it all gets scrambled again very soon afterward. I would really like to hang our bicycles and get them out of the way. Will work on PC for that project.

    ReplyDelete

OK Then! - Thriving week 39

A $150 lightbulb - the LED light part of our bathroom fan started flashing and you have to buy a whole new fan unit to get a new light. We f...