Pages

Friday, February 25, 2022

Full strength - a long way to go still

 I’ve been working out more and my body is telling me how far I have to go still! I’ve become very aware that I can only increase one type of exercise at a time. I’m addressing inactivity and recovery from two foot surgeries over a 20 month timeframe. It won’t be quick so it has to be steady and incremental. Been there and done that before, Right now it is Pilates and serious stretching. Walking a lot will have to wait a bit.

Today I started with 30 minutes of barre exercises, cleaned out one side of the pantry and reorganizing it a bit, did two loads of laundry, changed the bed and pruned a very overgrown spreading plant on our little patio. I’m tired but managed to make the coleslaw for dinner and am now going to start the rice. Hubby will cook the chicken.

We also sat in front of the computer together and did our federal and state taxes on TurboTax which took quite a while as Hubby hasn’t been paying as much attention to finances and past tax returns as I have. So I had him do the entry and answered his questions as we went.

 Good news is we got refunds on both tax returns and applied them to our estimated taxes for this year. Bad news is e-file didn’t work as last year’s federal return is still in their pile of undone work. So tomorrow I get to solve that problem probably by mailing in the returns so the federal one can add to the pile of unprocessed returns. Sigh.

 If you have a partner is one of you more conversant with your financial details than the other? How do you try to keep the less involved partner up to date?


9 comments:

  1. Look at you, working on and staying so busy and active. I am gradually beginning to get back on track but still a ways to go. Will update my wellness goals on Sunday.

    We need to tackle our taxes. I do it every year. Makes me very nervous but it really isn't that big a deal. Hope we don't have to pay. Wish we could maybe get a little bit of a refund.

    I bought slaw mix but haven't made any slaw. Maybe Sunday with ribs for PC's birthday. Do you have a good recipe? I really like pineapple slaw and thought maybe I would try to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a slaw recipe. We keep it very simple by shredding a green or red cabbage, perhaps adding some shredded carrots and using a vinegar based dressing. I've enjoyed much more complex ones though I don't make them.

      Delete
  2. I am the financial person but I do try once a month to sit down with B and go over everything with him. He usually says he agrees with everything I do with the finances and it isn't necessary to always update him. I remind him that we are not getting any younger and if he is the one who ends up alone, he needs to know this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I had been doing too but a lot of the details were still not in Hubby's awareness.

      Delete
  3. For as long as I've known my husband we've used a CPA for our taxes and we both went to both appointments. Now that I probably could do my own since I no longer have rental property or business experiences I have no desire to learn how to do them. So I keep going to a CPA. Over kill I know but I don't have to worry about hem being done right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have done the same when a year's taxes were complicated for some reason. Now they are pretty straightforward though.

      Delete
  4. It will take awhile but you are going about gaining strength the right way.

    As far as finances, well we both try and keep on top of it, but I allow Harvey full rein in keeping track of our investments.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe with your determination, you will make progress, Juhli. Yesterday, my husband and I were talking and he said that he was surprised at how out-of-shape he felt after a few months of low activity. We wondered if that's part of aging. We did lots of physical labor when we moved, but the past few wintry months, we've hunkered down. Yesterday, it was chilly, but we bundled up two different times and took walks. I like what you said about your body telling you how far you have to go. As for taxes, we're still taking ours to a CPA we've used for many years. He's been proactive in helping us plan for the future, and feels almost like a friend. In this area of our life, we take the easy way out, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the bills and banking. We do the investments together...though they are all with my employer, so I probably keep a closer eye on them.

    If I go first, I hope the hubs will just let our daughter pay the bills for him. Not that he can't do it, but would be just a few minutes for her and much longer for him probably. She's already on one of our bank accounts and does our taxes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...