Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Thankful Thursday week 1 of 2022

So much to be thankful for this week and I’m sure all those to come! It has been a nice first week of 2022.

Last Friday I found an Ella Fitzgerald Christmas album on YouTube and wow was it ever wonderful to listen to.

We made ourselves a lovely Christmas dinner of pan fried trout with sautéed almonds, asparagus and mixed grains. 

We had more rain. Usually not on a thankful list but we are in a long term drought and every bit helps.

A very small thing but it finally dawned on me that a kitchen shelf I struggled to reach could be moved lower and now it is easily accessible. Same with changing the HVAC vent in my office that was pointing into the adjoining room to aim towards the cold outside wall instead.

I continue to find the packing list for our trips to visit family in Berkeley makes the process easier and us less likely to forget critical things.

On our drive north in the rain we drove under a rainbow that appeared to touch the ground near the road. Didn’t see the pot of gold though😁

We had great fun Watching the Nutcracker as an evening marionette show at Fairyland in Oakland with our granddaughter and then watching her ride the carousel and roll down a hill with such delight. It was at night and all outdoors so there were more Christmas lights and more small children than you can imagine all having a magical time.

I am very thankful my husband thought to check the car tire pressure a full day before we were to drive home. The tire that had occasional needed air added didn’t even have enough pressure to register. He found a repair shop that was not only open on Sunday January 2nd but was able to work on it immediately and found a small nail. Fixed and we drove home safely.

Our frig was almost completely empty on purpose when we got home making it easy to clean. Hubby did a big shop at Trader Joe’s and now there is a lot more than a few radishes and shelves of condiments!

My son called on his birthday and thanked me for having him. Very funny.


3 comments:

  1. Love your son's call and thank you. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, your son is very sweet.

    Lots to be thankful for.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have more than once written my mother-in-law on my husband's birthday and thanked her for raising such a good, sweet-natured man and sharing him with me.

    ReplyDelete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...