Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Camp Quarantine - First full week

Camp Favorites this Week

New recipe - Easy Lemon Broccoli Pasta (https://www.connoisseurusveg.com/broccoli-pasta/). It was delicious with a combination of lemon and red pepper flakes flavor. I added some sauteed Italian chicken sausage and Parmesan cheese to the recipe to make it a main dish.

Cambridge Virtual Summer Festival of Learning brief talks 

-  The one on "John Paul Sartre as a public intellectual: WWII, the French Resistance and existential philosophy". It reminded me of content and discussion in high school Humanities class that are core assumptions I have lived with. Such as, we are the sum total of our actions (not our thoughts/beliefs) and that we are ultimately responsible for our actions including the unintended consequences. I know we read some of Sartre's writings in high school between 1965 & 1967 although exactly what escapes me. Interesting how I adopted it. I think it fit the New England Puritan heritage & Scandinavian social responsibility ethos that this good Midwestern WASP child of a NH father and IL mother was raised with at that time.

- An interview with Sarah Burton the author of a new novel "The Strange Adventures of H". Made me buy the book!

Art - I finished a colored pencil drawing. 

Planning Trip - Friday we head out for 10 days to visit son, DIL and granddaughter. I'll post when I get back. 

Happy Camping!

6 comments:

  1. Have a good time on your trip and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see you dabbling at art. I love using colored pencils and pastels. Need to follow your good lead and do something myself. Pinning the pasta recipe. Like the idea of adding sausage to make it a main meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pencil drawing. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful visit and enjoy the time together! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The salad looks wonderful.

    Enjoy your visit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a good trip. Stay safe and give yourself plenty of social distance.

    ReplyDelete

Thriving Thursday Week 11

Happiness, Comfort & Health Woohoo! I walked over 10,000 steps outdoors one day (4.1 miles for this short person) for the first time sin...