It has been a tough week when it was demonstrated once again that "mean girls" and narcissists don't outgrow it - they just get old. Pandemic stress enhancing all of the above. I don't need the drama! Fortunately others on the board are unanimous in their decisions and support. Onward to more productive use of time.
Anyway, there were a good number of positives too -
- My library opened for curbside pick up!
- I received the cute napkins I ordered from Etsy. I'm the only one who routinely uses a napkin and wanted fun ones.
- I was able to have the cardiac test required for a decision on surgery clearance. Now just to wait for the decision.
- We had a delicious take out dinner after 2 1/2 weeks of no take out dinners.
- We accepted an invitation to go to our son and DIL's home in Pasadena for a Father's Day brunch.
- We FaceTimed our Berkeley family. Our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter shifted into grown up student presentation mode to tell us about a piece of artwork she had made. She is learning how to present because of Zoom preschool session where they "share" something important to them.
- Our Berkeley son and DIL said we would be welcome to come and visit if we can make it work out. Not sure if we can but nice to have the option. Only time I have wished to have an RV but just for the built in bathroom lol.
Someday I'll have to look up and remember why February only has 28 days - except for leap years of course. I have big hopes for this sho...
MOVEMENT Forward with a look back to find wellness destinations I'm joining my friend Leslie who blogs at Once Upon a Time and Happily E...
We are now at the “best laid plans of mice and men often go awry” stage of living here and can’t blame it totally on the pandemic. When we ...
Over the past two years I have become rather stuck in a rut due to the pandemic restrictions, foot surgeries, a seriously ill and then dying...