Since I was told I could have my bunion surgery on June 1st it has been a bit of a scramble to get things ready - and continues to be so.
Managed to get my pre-op primary care Dr. appointment and hopefully they will count that as my annual physical too.
- No appointments available to get blood tests done so went and sat for about an hour to get my blood draw. Some really sick looking folks there and some were still being ridiculous about masks. I've decided to look at it as we are all in pre-school regarding this and some catch on quickly and do what is asked, some rebel by only covering their nose and not their mouth or standing too close to others, and one couple shows up without masks and the excuse that "our masks are in the car" (duh).
- Trying to figure out the minimum I have to do re: club leadership before I am down from painkillers for a week or two. I did postpone the next exec. committee for a week so hopefully I'll be able to think by then.
- Ordered a leg raising thingy from Amazon to keep my foot above my heart for first week or more. I decided I would not stay on a stack of pillows while asleep as I don't sleep on my back usually and would roll over. This should prevent that.
- Added to order a nifty thing to cover that leg when I am able to shower and wide leg crop lounge pants so I have something to wear home that will fit over whatever splint or cast is on my foot and lower leg.
- Also ordered a bed tray/lap desk with legs so I'll be able to eat and watch stuff on my NEW iPad. Yes, I actually broke down and ordered an iPad to entertain myself and do FaceTime and Zoom calls.
- Still have to see if I can borrow crutches, etc. and see how I am going to get around.
- Lots more to do but then I do have time lol. The problem is shutdown lethargy which hits each day midday.
- Anyone else finding their energy is low the longer they have to stay home?
Someday I'll have to look up and remember why February only has 28 days - except for leap years of course. I have big hopes for this sho...
MOVEMENT Forward with a look back to find wellness destinations I'm joining my friend Leslie who blogs at Once Upon a Time and Happily E...
We are now at the “best laid plans of mice and men often go awry” stage of living here and can’t blame it totally on the pandemic. When we ...
Over the past two years I have become rather stuck in a rut due to the pandemic restrictions, foot surgeries, a seriously ill and then dying...