Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Covid-19 Shutdown Diary - Switch to weekly or biweekly format

I've decided I need to switch to just one or two posts a week as this goes on and on - unless something really important happens.

Before I start that I just wanted to mention that there were two lovely surprises after I turned off the computer for the day at the end of Day 34 (trying to make that earlier each day!).

Our younger son called while our granddaughter was napping so we actually got to catch up with him! Then when she woke up we Facetimed while she ate her snack of Cheddar Bunnies crackers and milk.

Later we did a Zoom call with our older son and DIL for a good catch up. A fun thing they are doing is finding ways to do urban foraging near downtown Pasadena. Kumquats from a random tree not owned by a resident and dandelion leaf salad from a commercial lot waiting for development and not being mowed. They are in the midst of a no grocery shopping challenge for themselves so the fresh fruit and greens were welcomed. Their next planned grocery stock up is May 1st. They are continuing though to make and deliver treats for friends who live alone.They are good at finding the positive each day.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you raised some good kids-turned adults.

    I don't blame you for changing your blog schedule. I used to try to blog daily and it got to be a real grind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We are fortunate that both "boys" made good choices in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sons have made great choices.

    I think that this will go on for awhile yet. My province have extended the social distancing for the time being. Though they are thinking of trying to open a few businesses slowly over the next while.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT is a challenge! Very impressive foraging too. Now if you tell me your granddaughter is foraging for bunny crackers in the couch cushions... :)

    ReplyDelete

Focusing on ease of maintenance - Thriving Week 16

CURRENT MINIMALISM MINDSET  After one year in this house I’m not stopping decluttering or reorganizing as appropriate but every time I clean...