I had adventure, beauty and comfort in good doses this first week of the year.
1. I posted about our Rose Parade adventure. It was the second time I have gone but the first time with our granddaughter. She really watched the horses and bands.
2. We went to visit my FIL and Hubby's great-aunt with our son, DIL and granddaughter. I like this interaction between the triple great aunt and triple great niece. That is great-Grandpa's room key which is making such a good toy and was given back and forth many times. Six adults spent the whole time watching one baby although some discussion of football and bitcoins may have occurred LOL.
3. Every time I felt uncomfortable in some item of clothing this week I tried to solve it. One shirt is in the recycling pile and two items had tags cut out. Small steps but improved comfort.
4. We are still having glorious sunsets as there are still smoke particles in the sky and increased moisture. I grew up in the central Illinois and summer sunsets were usually sensational and I do get great pleasure out of a nice one.
5. I started my Dry January on the 3rd mostly in an attempt to lose weight but also in hopes of sleeping better.
And 5 Retirement Finances:
1. We had our semi-annual
dentist visits and bought their dental insurance plan which should save
us money. By switching our medical plan, both being on Medicare and
buying this I think our insurance costs will be about $150 less than
last year and we will have fewer medical bills to pay as well.
2. However, we found out we both need dental work and Hubby's will be expensive. Then I picked up a prescription and found the cost went up 33% with the new year. Sigh.
3. We were given a dozen delicious tangerines as our son and DIL were given more than they could eat before they spoiled.
I have decided we will need an accountant to do our taxes this year and
have started collecting all the documents and recommendations for a
5. I stopped by Goodwill to drop off some items and found 2 stainless steel dog bowls and a tray to hold the soap and sponge by the kitchen sink - all for $5.36. Can take those off my list now.