A week of necessary shopping, house improvements/maintenance and some socializing.
Achieved some goals:
- Decided to use Drs & DDS around the corner if they are in our network.
- Attended a lunch with online friends who live in the area.
- City inspector found items needing correction in HVAC installation. Trying to get work scheduled to fix.
- Carpets & upholstered furniture cleaned.
- Hubby painted feature wall in master bedroom. Since the color it
was clashed with the other 3 walls we like it much better even if we are
staying with the wall color that isn't our first choice.
- Ordered a summer skirt, maxi dress, 2 pairs of jeans, and 2 bras.
- Hung a picture in the dining room.
- Walked the dog daily.
- Had lunch with some online friends including one from Australia.
- Son stopped by to visit!
- Had a long phone chat with my brother.
And shopped for the house - a lot!
At least our timing was good between Memorial Day sales and coupons we received with our change of address we got some good deals.
- Bought new kitchen towels and dish cloths as well as a bath rug and towel ring.
- Ordered queen & king mattresses, foundations and frames.
- Bought a set of queen sheets and a duvet cover.
- Bought a set of king sheets, duvet cover, bed skirt, down alternative comforter & pillows.
- Ordered a TV stand for the den. Next up is furniture for the den - couch and chairs, etc.
Someday I'll have to look up and remember why February only has 28 days - except for leap years of course. I have big hopes for this sho...
MOVEMENT Forward with a look back to find wellness destinations I'm joining my friend Leslie who blogs at Once Upon a Time and Happily E...
We are now at the “best laid plans of mice and men often go awry” stage of living here and can’t blame it totally on the pandemic. When we ...
Over the past two years I have become rather stuck in a rut due to the pandemic restrictions, foot surgeries, a seriously ill and then dying...