Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

26 weeks and counting - to putting our house up for sale

At least one of us was busy with forward moving actions re: the house this past week! Hubby has been diligently working on repairing cracks in the ceiling upstairs and next weekend will paint the ceiling in one room and some walls. I have been caught up in exhaustion from lousy sleep, yard work and other daily chores, meetings and lunches and just regular life in general.

Speaking of life and its unexpected turns - we were shocked to learn this week that one of our DIL's father died suddenly. We are going to try to go to the funeral in CA so have cancelled our Asheville vacation. Then we learned that my husband's uncle is failing very quickly so that will be another attempted funeral trip to the other end of CA. The silver lining is seeing loved ones in both cases.

We also have been learning and thinking about health care coverage once my husband retires. He has planned to retire at the end of May when he is still 64. I am 67 so I will have to pick up Medicare part B & D (or C) plus retiree coverage as my supplemental insurance at that time, but he will be on retiree coverage only for 5 months. We aren't quite sure how that would work especially with a planned move that makes us have to find all new doctors. More to learn. The bottom line though is that he is now considering continuing to work until he is past 65 so he would probably retire at the end of 2017. However we would still put the house on the market this Spring and move to CA once it closes. Then he would work from home and commute part of the time. It is all rather making our heads spin at the moment.

On a happy note, our dog is back to her normal playful, active self. Medication changes plus and antibiotic for a suspected low grade UTI and she is bouncy again. She is also quite happy that she now gets canned food to try to help her put back on the weight she lost.

I'm not going to set any goals for prepping the house for sale for next week since I seem to be doing other things at the moment.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that move. I always find that it is a journey of discovery for me. Even though I hate the physical process, the mental journey is good for my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get daily ideas and instructions for earning $1,000s per day ONLINE for FREE.
    SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE

    ReplyDelete

Thriving Thursday Week 11

Happiness, Comfort & Health Woohoo! I walked over 10,000 steps outdoors one day (4.1 miles for this short person) for the first time sin...