Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2016

30 weeks and counting - to putting house up for sale that is

I've been taking it easy on the house front. It was my 67th birthday Thursday and I gifted myself a break from hard labor. In addition, the fall Friends of the Library book sale took up Friday afternoon and all day Saturday.

I did put in time outside with regular yard maintenance and with removing a flower bed and its brick border. Hauled the bricks to the curb and they were gone in less than 2 hours. More to haul from a stack behind the garden shed but the wheelbarrow tire needed pumping up first and is now awaiting reattachment to the wheelbarrow. Nice to know they will go easily though.

Inside DH put a patch on a wall where the drywall tape had come loose. He also grouted the new tile back splash in the upstairs bathroom.

AND - we found someone who wants the roll top desk! 4 someones in fact. I finally took some friends advise and joined the neighborhood list serve and within a few hours I had 4 potential takers. The first to respond is supposed to pick it up today but it is nice to know I have back ups. Also very nice to know where to list future large furniture items. SIGH - she hadn't measured her space and decided it was too large. On to the next person who said they would like it.

Plans for Week 30: It is starting to sound repetitious LOL.

The last feature wall (behind the roll top desk) will get painted over.
More yard work both maintenance and simplification will happen.
More decluttering will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Focusing on ease of maintenance - Thriving Week 16

CURRENT MINIMALISM MINDSET  After one year in this house I’m not stopping decluttering or reorganizing as appropriate but every time I clean...