Saturday, April 30, 2016
Downsizing & Moving Update - #1
We will get this done!
1. Went to an open house down the street to see what is on the market right now.
2. Two bags of items donated to thrift store.
3. Maximum number of partial cans of paint plus other items to semi-annual toxic waste collection event. Glad we will be moving somewhere that has these weekly not just twice a year.
4. Agreement reached as to next steps:
- Ruthlessly declutter 2 bookshelves in guest room and 1 in study
- Pick one bookshelf to move to California and move into study
- Move dresser in study into guest room
- Donate 2 extra bookshelves, a lamp and a recliner
- Paint dark feature walls in 3 rooms in lighter neutral color of other walls
- Talk to realtor further about need remodel bathroom vs selling price
That should keep us out of trouble for a while.
5. Found enough appropriate color leftover paint to prime one of the feature walls - yeah savings!
Spent so far on preparing the house for sale
$ 90.89 - patio and sun porch furniture that we will take with us to CA
We are headed to California for vacation at the end of this week so getting a start on most of this will wait until we get back in mid-May but before we have family visiting over Memorial Day weekend.