Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Today I got things done


Had a healthy breakfast and then went out for coffee and pumpkin chocolate chip bread - at least breakfast was good for me (the snack was just delicious)!
Found 11 cents on the floor of the coffee shop while spending about $8 - negative cash flow there LOL.

√ Earned $50 on my Blue Cross Blue Shield wellness debit card by answering a survey online that took less than 10 minutes.

√ Put a cookbook in the donate bag, recycled some paper laying around, cut some other random paper into grocery list size pieces, and threw out a used up candle in a glass container - chanting "less stuff" while doing so!

√ Vacuumed the house.

√ Walked the dog.

√ Picked up another trash can worth of sticks that were brought down by the snowstorm that was barely here to add to 3 filled by DH over the weekend - finished just as yard waste truck rolled up.

√ Swept the carport, 2 back porches/patios, basement stairs & the front porch and walk, and raked leaves in the driveway for last time - but after yard waste pickup.

√ Took a 3.2 mile walk without the dog.

√ Combed, bathed and trimmed whiskers on the dog.

√ Washed & dried a load of towels.

√ Emptied the dishwasher.

√ Poured a glass of wine

√ Starting to make dinner.

What did you do today?






2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I'm often asked, What do you do? by people who learn that I am retired. Life is full of these mundane (?) activities that are necessary to a good life and make it full in between the big-ticket events. I'm not convinced that we humans are made for big-ticket excitement 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing that amazes me is that I would have gotten all of this done when I was working too - but I would I have been really stressed. I enjoy having time to play with the dog, go for a long walk when the weather is good and generally move at a slower pace.

      Delete

Focusing on ease of maintenance - Thriving Week 16

CURRENT MINIMALISM MINDSET  After one year in this house I’m not stopping decluttering or reorganizing as appropriate but every time I clean...