Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Note to self - double check the recipe

I have been cooking since I was 8 years old. The last time I can remember forgetting an ingredient when baking was when I was about 9 or 10 and made my Dad a pan of brownies - his favorite. Except I left out the baking powder. Sweet man ate them anyway and pronounced them delicious. As a fellow chocoholic I would probably have eaten them too LOL but I think he was being a kind Dad.

So when I made my usually delicious pumpkin raisin nut bread yesterday and eagerly cut a still warm slice, was I ever surprised at the taste! I forgot the sugar. I will probably find a way to eat it anyway by adding a sweet spread but I need to go back to double checking the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time zooms on - my baby is 41🎂

My younger son turned 41 yesterday and while it is not as shocking to me as having a 53 year old older son it still feels like time has spee...