Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Combining business travel and tourism

Tomorrow I am heading to Corning, NY on a business trip and this time I will have some unscheduled hours available. I'm going to head to the Rockwell Museum as I haven't been there in the 10+ years I have been making this trip. Its an easy walk from where I will be working and I'm excited to be able to add a new experience to this trip. I love art and, although this art is not the type I generally am attracted to, I am sure it will be very interesting.

Have you been able to combine business or family visit trips with tourism without extending your stay in a location?

5 comments:

  1. Yes I usually do this! It's great being able to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to do it too...have to because there is always something I want to see and do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. In this case some meetings were cancelled at the last minute and I thought of doing this - I'm really looking forward to it. I've been to the Corning Glass Museum and it is fabulous but I want to see something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to the Norman Rockwell museum in Stockbridge, Mass. It's very impressive. If the one in Corning is anywhere near as good, it's well worth the trip.

    Business and tourism? That's how I got to Berlin, during a business trip to Germany, and was able to see the remnants of the Berlin Wall, about a year after it came down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That trip to Berlin must have been so interesting. It turns our I made an assumption and it is just the Rockwell Museum and not Norman Rockwell lol. However it was very interesting collection of Western themed art. A nice break in the day.

      Delete

Focusing on ease of maintenance - Thriving Week 16

CURRENT MINIMALISM MINDSET  After one year in this house I’m not stopping decluttering or reorganizing as appropriate but every time I clean...