Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Simplify Challenge Day 6: Routines and Schedules

This week I’m following along with the Life Your Way Simplify for Fall Challenge. Six days, six areas of the home to simplify. I’ll be sharing my progress here all week. 

I really don't have much of a routine outside of the morning one.  Then it is let dog out, make coffee, get paper, feed dog, drink coffee while reading paper, eat breakfast while checking email, shower and get dressed. The bare bones of my schedule are Pilates on Monday, grocery shopping on Wednesday, volunteering Thursday morning, laundry on Friday and on Monday. I work irregularly on consulting projects but when I am working it takes 20-30 hours a week. I tell myself I should walk the dog every day, but don't accomplish that  I live by to do lists for each day however and seem to get quite a bit done.

We don't socialize regularly as a couple and want to change that.  We have decided to add hiking with a group at least one Saturday a month - possibly two starting in September. I'm thinking about getting season theater tickets and seeing if another couple would like to do the same. Perhaps planning going out to eat with others once a month as well.

How do you socialize outside of work and volunteer activities?

2 comments:

  1. We have very similar morning routines...including the french-pressed coffee (the only way to go) and the dog. I do walk my dog every day. It has been brutal in the heat and we haven't gone as far or as long as we usually do. Socializing happens pretty regularly with us...maybe not as often as it should. We try to get together with another couple for dinner 1x a month. Plus other things usually come up with opportunities to mingle. For example, today we are going to go visit an aunt and uncle. But I really like your hiking idea...really like it! I would love to that and maybe get a canoeing group together too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A canoeing group sounds very interesting! I am getting hiking shoes this week and then testing my ability to walk 3 to 4 miles in them before we join the group for a hike. That is great to have dinner with others at least once a month - a practice we need to apply.

      Delete

Focusing on ease of maintenance - Thriving Week 16

CURRENT MINIMALISM MINDSET  After one year in this house I’m not stopping decluttering or reorganizing as appropriate but every time I clean...