I am thrilled this morning that we finally had a landscaper we have used before come over to give us a bid on three things that are on my 2012 house to do list and more!
We are getting prices for:
- clearing out undergrowth in the wooded area
- removing two overgrown hollies that make pulling out of the driveway a chancy experience for anyone on the sidewalk and planting something in their place that will stay short without much care
- pruning back into shape three other hollies and a hedge
- using our pile of old bricks plus some they have and would like to get rid of to pave a parking strip where only weeds will grow now
- spraying everything appropriate with a once a year insecticide / miticide
- and best of all, a quote on quarterly maintenance to help reduce my workload!!!!!
This would all be money terribly well spent. I will be much happier about the yard if all of this happens.
Now off to ask my neighbor if he wants his wooded area included in the bid.
Friday, April 13, 2012
Yeah - a big step forward on our yard!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Week 11: A bit of a breather + tracking the true cost of moving
Two weeks to go before we move! Just a little packing this week plus bringing the saved specialty boxes out of the attic. Found boxes for p...
MOVEMENT Forward with a look back to find wellness destinations I'm joining my friend Leslie who blogs at Once Upon a Time and Happily E...
Over the past two years I have become rather stuck in a rut due to the pandemic restrictions, foot surgeries, a seriously ill and then dying...
HAPPY NEW YEAR ! Welcome to 2023 and let's make it a great year! Challenges will appear, happiness is available and we can support each ...
I am wishing you good luck with this. Wonderful.ReplyDelete
Thanks - it will be a relief.Delete
Yard wook is HARD work in the southern heat!!! Good luck with the new companyReplyDelete
You've got that right Debby! And we have a lot of yard work to do.Delete
Oh I do need to get onto this - well done for getting stuck on xReplyDelete