I am thrilled this morning that we finally had a landscaper we have used before come over to give us a bid on three things that are on my 2012 house to do list and more!
We are getting prices for:
- clearing out undergrowth in the wooded area
- removing two overgrown hollies that make pulling out of the driveway a chancy experience for anyone on the sidewalk and planting something in their place that will stay short without much care
- pruning back into shape three other hollies and a hedge
- using our pile of old bricks plus some they have and would like to get rid of to pave a parking strip where only weeds will grow now
- spraying everything appropriate with a once a year insecticide / miticide
- and best of all, a quote on quarterly maintenance to help reduce my workload!!!!!
This would all be money terribly well spent. I will be much happier about the yard if all of this happens.
Now off to ask my neighbor if he wants his wooded area included in the bid.