In order of importance -
MOVE: Have a successful cross country move.
- We will sell a house.
January: Bath remodel finished, signed realtor agreement
February: Sales agreement signed; buyers have scheduled inspection and have financing already.
March: Under contract with April 14 close date
DONE - Buy a
February: Found a house and started escrow
March: House closed
- We will move us, the dog & our stuff across country.
March: Packing madly; lots of paperwork and admin type stuff
- Settle in our new home including furnishing & refreshing it.
- We will transition all
of our medical care seamlessly.
- We will manage the vet, groomer and
boarding transition seamlessly.
- We will transition our electronic &
financial life seamlessly.
- I will start collecting social
security upon turning 68 on September 1st
and add Medicare when hubby retires.
- I will
quickly learn my way around and how to get to each family members
location from our new home.
LOVE & FRIENDSHIP: I will make friends in our new location and reconnect in person with family.
- Email or
write a geographically distant relative or friend once a month at
January: 2 family & 2 friends emailed
February: In touch with cousins and brother
March: Brother again and wrote my aunt
- I will invite people over and to go places.
January: 2 lunches w. friends
February: Lunch and coffee with friends
March: Book club and coffee with best friend
- I will find and get involved in 3 activities/organizations in new location.
- Hubby and I will
develop a new routine of fun joint activities.
- We will host parties and
- I will spend as much time as possible with my
sons, DILs and new grandbaby.
Feb/Mar: 2 week visit with younger son, DIL and granddaughter; Just a brief visit with older son and DIL
HEALTH: I will exercise regularly.
- All preventive care appointments kept and new Drs found in advance of need
January: Gynecologist and Orthodontist check ups
February: Saw internist for medication renewal & physical
March: Dentist routine appointment
DONE: Keep up with Pilates, stretching, walking and healthy eating before we
- Once moved I will take advantage of the pool and fitness center,
join a Pilates studio and find good walking routes.
TECH: Up my tech skills and use.
- Improve my phone use skills (GPS, search, hands free, etc.).
Feb/Mar: Well buying and selling a house by getting documents to sign on your phone while traveling ups your phone skills a bit! Also used search and GPS while traveling so a bit more confident there
- See if hand me down IPhone5s and Garmin will fit my needs.
- Research and
hopefully buy a laptop before we move.
- Learn to use my husband's tablet.
- Look into Netflix, Amazon Prime and other options
to expensive cable bills in prep for cable provider switch.
- Get back into genealogy research through Ancestry
and DNA to find out where my maternal ancestors came from in Sweden and
CLOTHES: I will have fun with fashion while creating a versatile, budget friendly wardrobe for my new lifestyle & location.
- I will shop
from my wardrobe shopping list adjusting it as my lifestyle changes.
January: 2 items from list + replaced broken watch
February: 1 top + brow pencil
will try polish on my toenails
- Branch out in accessories.