MOVE: Have a successful cross country move.
* Done - Buy a house.
February: Found a house and started escrow
March: House closed March 22- We will sell a house.
January: Bath remodel finished, signed realtor agreement
February: Sales agreement signed; buyers have scheduled inspection and have financing already.
March: Under contract with April 14 close date
* Done - We will move us, the dog & our stuff across country.
April: We did it! 5 1/2 days of driving a rental truck and our car with the dog. Packed madly; unpacked; lots of paperwork and admin type stuff; moving helpers hired at both ends
- Settle in our new home including furnishing & refreshing it.
April: "Popcorn" ceilings removed and painted; water heater replaced and plumbing leaks fixed; cable installed
- We will transition all of our medical care seamlessly.
April: Changed health insurance to CA
- We will manage the vet, groomer and boarding transition seamlessly.
February: Found a vet
April: Scheduled a vet appointment for May
- We will transition our electronic & financial life seamlessly.
April: Phone conference with retirement counselor from Hubby's work. Have most of the paperwork and just need to get a form to prove to Medicare that I have had medical coverage.
- I will start collecting social security upon turning 68 on September 1st and add Medicare when hubby retires.
- I will quickly learn my way around and how to get to each family members location from our new home.
April: I can get to the grocery stores, etc.
LOVE & FRIENDSHIP: I will make friends in our new location and reconnect in person with family.
- Email or write a geographically distant relative or friend once a month at least.
January: 2 family & 2 friends emailed
February: In touch with cousins and brother
March: Brother again and wrote my aunt and a cousin
- I will spend as much time as possible with my sons, DILs and new grandbaby.
Feb/Mar: 2 week visit with younger son, DIL and granddaughter; Just a brief visit with older son and DIL
- Spend lots of time with extended family
April: 2 cousins came to visit
- Meet people in new location and spend lots of time with extended family
April: Met 2 neighbors; attended new resident welcome tea
- I will invite people over and to go places.
January: 2 lunches w. friends
February: Lunch and coffee with friends
March: Book club and coffee with best friend
April: Book club meeting and farewell dinner; farewell dinner with best friend
- I will find and get involved in 3 activities/organizations in new location.
- Hubby and I will develop a new routine of fun joint activities.
- We will host parties and family get-togethers.
HEALTH: I will exercise regularly.
* Done: Keep up with Pilates, stretching, walking and healthy eating before we move.
- All preventive care appointments kept and new Drs found in advance of need
January: Gynecologist and Orthodontist check ups
February: Saw internist for medication renewal & physical
March: Dentist routine appointment
- Once moved I will take advantage of the pool and fitness center, join a Pilates studio and find good walking routes.
TECH: Up my tech skills and use.
- Improve my phone use skills (GPS, search, hands free, etc.).
Feb/Mar: Well buying and selling a house by getting documents to sign on your phone while traveling ups your phone skills a bit! Also used search and GPS while traveling so a bit more confident there
- See if hand me down IPhone5s and Garmin will fit my needs.
- Research and hopefully buy a laptop before we move.
- Learn to use my husband's tablet.
- Look into Netflix, Amazon Prime
April: Because basic cable is paid through our HOA dues the rest of the cable, internet, phone package is much less expensive than before so we are going to stay with cable.
- Get back into genealogy research through Ancestry and DNA to find out where my maternal ancestors came from in Sweden and Ireland/Scotland.
CLOTHES: I will have fun with fashion while creating a versatile, budget friendly wardrobe for my new lifestyle & location.
- I will shop from my wardrobe shopping list adjusting it as my lifestyle changes.
January: 2 items from list + replaced broken watch
February: 1 top + brow pencil
- I will try polish on my toenails
- Branch out in accessories.